How Can I Help?
We understand crazy busy schedules-between work, school, sports, shuttling kids back and forth and everything else life throws at us because we're living it too!
We know you can't always attend the meetings and can get overwhelmed at the thought of taking on ONE MORE task.
The good news is there are a lot of things we can do to help our kids and support HeLa in other areas. Below are a few things we've thought of that can be done in as little as 5 minutes.
- DONATIONS! DONATIONS! DONATIONS! If we got just one donation for each of our Seniors-that would be almost 150 items!!!! People you can get donations from are:
- Friends, family, coworkers
- Employers-they may have a matching donation program, have a community or giving program or have hats, bottles, leftover swag to donate
- Places & Businesses you frequent:
- Coffee stands & restaurants
- Nail Salons, Hair Stylists, other beauty services
- Massage/Chiro contacts
- Gyms-think CrossFit, Martial Arts, Spin Class, Yoga, etc...
- Belong to or a member of any special clubs: golf, swimming, chamber of commerce?
- Have a gift card you won't use or forgot about? Give it to us!
- Are you crafty? Are you an independent consultant? Things like candles, skin care products, and jewelry all make excellent prizes and giveaways
- Do you work in a shop or for a business that has discount coupons? Car washes, oil changes, free consultations for laser hair removal? We can use them!
- NEW home goods:
- items you were "gifted" that don't fit your décor
- Bakery items: cakes, cookies, donuts-these all make great prizes for Bingo night
- Own your own business? How about cash donations to help sponsor Safe & Sober Grad Night
- Acknowledgement and write up in commencement/baccalaureate announcement
- Free advertising-how great would it be for local insurance agent to have a write up saying "Sponsored by ABC Insurance"?
- Tax deduction ( we are a fully accredited 501(c)3 organization)
- Do you know of a place to host the Senior night party? For free or very little cost?
If we can't use it, we'll find someone who can! No donation too big or too small. Everything received will go towards supporting HeLa students and faculty. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with your questions.